Hotel Weyanoke Show: SUBMISSION CHANGES
This will be a juried show, so the process for entering is slightly different from what we normally do. If you are interested in participating, here’s what to do:
- (The Changes) Rather than taking all of your submissions to the hotel and then having to pick up the ones not selected, please send by April 25th photos of your submissions to Rachel Ivers at the LCVA at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. For each item(s) submitted, please include the following information: your name, email, phone number, date completed, title, media, sale price (if for sale). After the selection process, we will contact you and ask you to deliver your art to the hotel lobby. The date for drop off has yet to be confirmed, but the show opens on 3 May, so the schedule will be tight.
- The back of each selected piece should have the member’s name, phone number, email address, price (if for sale), or NFS, if not for sale.
- On 1 May, a committee of the hotel’s choosing will select the pieces of art to be included in the show. Owners of those pieces not selected for inclusion will be notified to collect them.
- On 3 May, the show will open.
- On 3 May, 5:00 to 7:00 pm, the night before the Heart of Virginia Festival, there will be a reception in the bar at Campagna at the hotel. All members are invited. We also plan on inviting artists exhibiting at the Heart of Virginia Festival too.